|Send Mother's Day Gift Baskets|
with Free Shipping
1. Pray that Mom maintains a good relationship with her husband. The best thing a woman can give her children is a good relationship with their father. Children who grow up in stable homes do better socially and academically, have greater self-confidence and have a better chance of providing a stable home for their families when they get older.
2. Pray that Mom does not give the enemy a foothold anywhere in her home or relationships. Satan is insidious and can use even the most mundane things of life to drive a wedge between her and her loved ones. The enemy seeks to destroy all that she is doing; help her by fighting on your knees. "And do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:27 (NIV)
3. Pray that Mom has wisdom in all circumstances. If there is anything a mom needs, it's wisdom and understanding of the many situations she faces each day. "She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31: 26 (NIV)
4. Pray that Mom finds joy, honor, and satisfaction in her role as a mom. Motherhood is a stressful job. At times, she may feel as though she could be doing a better job as a mother or that there are other things she could be doing with her time. Pray that she sees the value in her role as caretaker for her children. "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also." Proverbs 31:28 (NIV)
5. Pray that Mom has a good relationship with her children. To be respected and obeyed by her children, there needs to be a healthy relationship with mutual respect and consideration. "Children, obey your parents the way the Lord wants. Fathers, do not make your children angry, but raise them with the training and teaching of the Lord." Ephesians 6:1, 4 (ICB)
6. Pray that Mom maintains her health. Self-care is so important. If a mom is not feeling well, she does not have the energy or desire to do all that God has called her to do for her family. Jesus called his disciples to rest and care for themselves when he said, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." Mark 6:31 (NIV)
7. Pray that Mom is able to manage her home well. A mom wears many hats: chef, chauffeur, nurse, tutor, finder-of-lost-things, and more. The only way a mom can make it through the day is to be well-organized. Pray for her to be able to handle all the tasks that come her way.
8. Pray that Mom stops to savor the ordinary moments. There will be a day when she wishes her son would climb the tree once more, wishes that her daughter would let her read her a story. Pray that she does not let these common yet significant times go unappreciated.
9. Pray that Mom is filled with the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT). Each of these is essential to her role as caretaker for her family.
10. Pray that Mom holds onto her own identity, finding time to pursue her own interests. If she does, she will have a full life and ideas to share with her children through the years. When her nest is empty, she will have ways to keep herself busy and interests to share with her husband and adult children.
11. Pray that Mom is free from anxiety and able to trust in the Lord in every situation. With the many ups and downs and the scrapes and scuffles of life, moms can become anxious and fearful. Pray that this mom knows that God is working behind the scenes. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (KJV)
12. Pray that Mom has the wisdom and diligence to teach her children all they need to know about God and life. What children learn about God is caught and taught by hundreds of discussions and situations throughout the years. "These commandments are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)
This Mother's Day, pray for the moms in your social circles. Lift them up to the Lord, praying for a long life so they can watch the children they loved on and pour into become the successful adults God created them to be.
Click here to buy Mother's Day gift baskets online.