One Week Left to Live: Seven Days of Gratitude and Love

    What would you do if you knew that you only had one week to live?


    One week left on this earth -- what a precious opportunity! I'd get to put a few things right in those seven days. I wouldn't be able to cover everything, but I can start to make amends, share gratitude, and spread forgiveness in the world. 

     

    I've tried hard to live a good life.  I've been to church, said my prayers, and brought my children up just the best I can. But I know I'm filled with sin as much as anyone else. And when I think back on the years I've lived, all those little mistakes I've made bother me. 

     

    So, I'll go to my neighbors. Just to say I'm sorry for my noisy dog -- and I hope things are working out with their new job! And maybe I didn't always seem like the kindest person on the street. Well, I was always grateful for every little thing my neighbors did for me. It will be a joy to share that feeling with them now. 

     

    I'll go to my family. Oh boy. I fell out with my brother last year over something I said. It's time to show my regret, share my love for him, and give him good wishes for the future. It won't be easy, but we'll both be at peace afterward. 

     

    And then, my beloved friends. They must know I'm so grateful for their care for me through the hard times. And if I could go back, I wish I could have been a better person when they needed someone.  I can't change that now -- but I can tell them how much they mean to me. 

     

    In the one prayer Jesus gave us, He asked God to "forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us." It's an opportunity to free ourselves from hate and sin, and before answering to God, I'll be putting this advice into practice.


    When I leave this earth, I want to feel at peace and harmony with every person I've met. A week is plenty of time to make a start.


    What would you do? Please leave us a message and give us your thoughts.


    God Bless,

    Adorable Gift Baskets